On behalf of our client, a successful auditing firm based in Nicosia, we are looking for an Audit Manager to join their growing team. The successful candidate will have at least 4 years’ post qualification experience, 2 years in a similar position, and a member of ICPAC. If you are interested in taking the next step for your career and joining a professional company which provides training and development, then this is the job for you! We look forward to receiving your CV for this Nicosia based Audit Manager role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reviews the information obtained from Clients against the KYC requirements.
Performs simplified and Enhanced Due Diligence for AML purposes.
Performs the transaction monitoring in accordance with the Firm’s AML policies and procedures.
Prepares/ reviews all Forms and supporting information/ documentation needed for Client Continuance/ Acceptance and handles them to the Head of Audit/Managing Director for approval.
Prepares budgets of the audit engagement and assigns the audit team and the work to each audit team member.
Reviews the work of each team member and provides feedback.
Ensures compliance of all team members with the policies and procedures as per Firm’s Quality Control Manual.
Assists in consultations within the audit team and provides support to junior auditors, auditors and senior auditors.
Assists whether there are any differences of opinion within the audit team.
Monitors team’s performance and productivity, ensures audit assignments are completed on time within budget.
Responsible for the planning, overall execution, and finalisation of the audit engagements.
Liaises with clients in relation to audit and other issues to ensure compliance.
Responsible for training staff members in audit methodology and other areas including but not limited to ISAs, IFRSs, Tax, VAT, AML and updating them on new laws and regulations.
Performs the compliance testing for independence and the fundamental principles for each engagement and communicates any threats to Head of Audit for advice.
Reports to the Head of the department, any specific problems in the audit engagements, client updates, and employee matters.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Assists reviewers for the performance of EQCR, Hot and Cold review of specific engagements.
Reports to Head of Audit and or Managing Director.
- Proficient user of MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Master user of Caseware Working Papers and WiseBos – AML &Time Sheets)
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent knowledge of ISAs and IFRSs and their practical application.
- Excellent knowledge of Companies Law, Tax Law, and AML legislation.
- Excellent knowledge of the Firm’s Quality Control Manual and ISQC 1.
- Able to effectively manage a team of auditors.
- Pleasant personality with a “can do” attitude.
- Project management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure, meeting deadlines.
- Highly motivated individual.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- ACCA/ ICAEW/AIA Qualified.
- Member of ICPAC.
- 4-8 years post-qualification working experience
- 2 years of working experience in similar position.
- Computer Literate.
- Proficient in Greek and English language.
Half day on Fridays
Training and development
Regular career reviews
Yearly salary increase
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Kristina Razorenova, email@example.com
quoting the above job reference or call +357 25 342 720 for further information.