GRS Recruitment are working in an exclusive partnership with Columbia Shipmanagement to find top-tier talent for their expanding team in Limassol by recruiting an Environmental Compliance Manager. With over 40 years of commitment and professionalism, Columbia has established its position as a world-class ship management and maritime service provider, developing their global reputation by continuously exceeding clients´ expectations. Describing human capital as the most important factor in the Company’s success, If this role seems like the ideal opportunity for you, please send us your CV today!
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring all company employees are fully familiar with the Company’s Environmental policies and procedures;
- Ensuring that all environmental requirements and company environmental undertakings are explained and communicated to all employees, vendors and technicians;
- Ensuring that the Company’s Significant Environmental Aspects are identified and relevant Objectives and Targets are established, implemented and monitored in line with ISO 14001;
- Ensuring that all environmental related certificates and manuals are available and up-to-date;
- Maintaining the Company’s environmental Key Performance Indicators;
- Providing support to the shipboard management in compliance with the Environmental Policies and procedures;
- Reviewing, investigating, and documenting reports of non-compliance and environmental related incidents and ensuring the implementation of corrective and preventive actions;
- Ensuring the development and provision requirements for the employee training programs with regards to Environmental Compliance;
- Ensuring the development and maintenance of a system to track and report each vessel’s operational and machinery space waste quantities and capacities;
- Organizing and documenting the quarterly meetings of the EMS-Team;
- Ensuring that the necessary notifications to the authorities occur as required by applicable international and/or national laws and regulations;
- Visiting ships randomly and performing Environmental Compliance Audits;
- Promoting and supporting efforts for continual improvement by contributing to the development of new or amendment of existing procedures.
- Seagoing experience onboard passenger ships as Engine, Deck or Environmental Officer of not less than three years or equivalent experience shore based role;
- A wide knowledge of international rules & regulations and of industry guidelines and practices, local & international maritime environmental laws and regulations;
- Training, experience and skills in incident investigation and risk management;
- Good leadership, managerial and communication skills as well the ability to work within a team;
- Microsoft Office 365 proficiency;
- Good command of the English language.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Nikoletta Constantinou
quoting the above job reference or call +357 25 342 720
for further information.