On behalf of our client, a successful auditing firm based in Nicosia, we are looking for a Head of Accounting to join their growing team. The successful candidate will have at least 8 years experience and 3 years in a similar role. If you are interested in taking the next step for your career and joining a professional company which provides training and development, then this is the job for you! We look forward to receiving your CV for this Nicosia based Head of Accounting role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that the Clients are in compliance with all AML requirements and the Firm’s Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures the performance of transaction monitoring in accordance with the Firm’s AML policies and procedures.
- Informs the AML CO of any instances that cause high risk or other issues in accordance with AML and Firm’s policies and procedures.
- Ensures the overall compliance of all employees in the accounting department with the Firm’s Quality Control Manual including Ethical requirements.
- Ensures the compliance of all employees in the accounting department with the Firm’s Quality Control Manual including Ethical requirements for each engagement.
- Informs the Ethics Partner of any instances of non-compliance or for any threats to independence and the fundamental principles.
- Approves all forms and supporting information/ documentation needed for Client Continuance/ Acceptance and handles them to the Managing Director for approval.
- Pre-approves engagement / disengagement letters and handles them to the Managing Director for approval.
- Prepares and reviews the staff plan and provides it to the Managing Director for approval.
- Prepare budgets of the Accounting engagement and assign the work to a team of accountants.
- Reviews the work of each team member and provides feedback in regards to the international accounting standards.
- Monitor team’s performance and productivity, ensure accounting assignments are completed on time within budget and in accordance with the Firm’s policies and procedures including documentation
- Organizes meetings for accounting managers/ accounting department employees to organise the work and to receive feedback.
- Identifies training needs for the employees in the accounting department of the Firm.
- Engages in training sessions.
- Assists in consultation between accounting team members and employees of the accounting department of the Firm.
- Assists in the resolution of differences of opinion between accounting team members and employees of the accounting department of the Firm.
- Is responsible for training staff members in accounting methodology and tax, updating them on new laws and regulations.
- Reports to the Director of the Department, communicating development issues, client updates, and employee matters.
- Consults clients in relation to accounting issues and tax obligations to ensure compliance.
- Is accountable for the training and performance management of team members, conducting their annual performance appraisals, and offering continuous guidance and support.
- Is responsible for administrative matters of the Firm and decision making.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Proficient knowledge of Quickbooks, WiseBos & Time Sheets.
- Effective management skills.
- Effective communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent knowledge of ISAs and IFRSs and their practical application.
- Excellent knowledge of Companies Law, Tax Law and AML legislation.
- Excellent knowledge of the Firm’s Quality Control Manual and ISQC 1.
- Ability to manage a team of accountants effectively.
- Pleasant personality with a “can do” attitude.
- Project management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting deadlines.
- Leadership skills and ability to motivate subordinates.
- Highly motivated individual.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- CAT/ACCA Member or an equivalent title.
- 8-12 years of working experience.
- 3 years of working experience in similar position.
- Computer literacy.
- Proficiency in Greek and English language.
- Office position.
- Occasional inland travel to clients’ premises.
- Working hours are 8:30 a.m. – 17:30 p.m. (with one-hour lunch break between 13:00 p.m. – 14:00 p.m.), except Friday, where the working hours are from 8:30 a.m. – 14:30 p.m.
- Half day on Fridays
- Training and development
- Regular career reviews
- Yearly salary increase
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Kristina Razorenova, firstname.lastname@example.org
quoting the above job reference or call +357 25 342 720
for further information.