A prestigious financial compliance unit specializing in all legal compliance matters are working in partnership with GRS to recruit an IT Systems Administrator to join the Technology & Information Security Section in Malta. In this role you will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. If you have the required skills and experience GRS look forward to receiving your CV today for this Malta based IT System Administrator role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Level 1 and Level 2 technical support
- Assisting in setting up standard networking infrastructure. WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls and information security measures
- Assistance in implementation and maintenance of new virtualised IT infrastructure systems on premise and on cloud environment
- Assistance in implementation and maintenance of Cloud services on Microsoft Azure
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services
- Assisting in the designing and performing server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other disaster recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems
- Monitor and test system performance; Assist in preparing and delivering system performance statistics and reports
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new system
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
Academic qualification in Computer Science at an MQF level five (5)
A minimum of 2 years working in a similar role.
Fluency in both Maltese & English languages
Very good understanding of Information Security standards and of Network fundamentals
Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Servers
Knowledge in virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft
Strong customer service orientation and experience with ITIL based help desk software
Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Giuseppe Buda, firstname.lastname@example.org
quoting the above job reference or call +356 2778 0664
for further information.