On behalf of our client, a reputable and well-established Forex company, GRS are seeking to recruit a Lead Senior Web Developer for their Limassol based offices. The successful candidate must be capable of working on the full project development lifecycle and creating quality software solutions in line with the expectation of the business and delivered on time. The successful candidate will be in a primary lead development position and will provide technical guidance and training for existing web developers. If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience, then we look forward to receiving your CV.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development lifecycle of company’s products.
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Provide the architectural design and quality of the code and adherence to the specification requirements for each project
- Peer code reviews
- Mentor Web Developers
- Discover training needs and provide in-house/external training when required
- Work with Product Managers to translate requirements into manageable components/tasks, estimate timings and resources, suggest solutions, and identify possible risks
- Maintain full and up to date documentation of all procedures and deployed software solutions. Write, review, and take responsibility for clear, concise, and comprehensive technical documentation
- To continuously review new technologies to optimize performance and improve existing products
- Work with other departments to troubleshoot and resolve any issues with the software produced
- Work with DevOps on the deployment of services to various environments
- Critical out of hours support if necessary
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work in an agile environment with a variety of practices
- Excellent abilities translating UI/UX designs into code and ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Excellent working experience of PHP and Laravel
- Good understanding of content management systems (e.g WordPress, Strapi)
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility principles
- Knowledge of SEO practices
- Understanding of design patterns such as MVC and OOP programming
- Exposure to API (Web, RESTful, GraphQL) integration, real time systems or web sockets
- Working experience with Docker
- Experience with databases (e.g., MySQL)
- Good understanding of DevOps practices
- Experience using webservers such as Ngingx, Apache or IIS
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
- Experience of leading a development team
- Ability to express ideas clearly, expertly, and diplomatically
- Able to manage the pressure and tight deadlines
- Good mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills
Educational / Experience Requirements:
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or another relevant field
- 5 years minimum proven experience as Full Stack Web Developer or similar role
BSc/BA in Computer Science or another relevant field.
5 years of proven experience as Full Stack Web Developer or similar role.
Working in an agile environment with a variety of practices
Understanding of design pattern such as MVC. Experience using a third-party CMS.
Working experience using Jira and Confluence or similar product suites.
Experience using webservers such as Ngingx or Apache.
Exposure to WEB API integration, real time systems or web sockets.
Experience in building mobile applications is desirable but not a requirement.
Experience with databases (e.g., MySQL), web servers (e.g., Apache) and UI/UX design.
Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Fluent in English both written and verbally is a mandatory requirement.
Experience with leading a development team.
Ability to express ideas clearly, expertly, and diplomatically.
Able to manage the pressure and tight deadlines.
Good mathematical ability, analytical and problem-solving skills.
C# would be a nice to have
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Annita Paliou, firstname.lastname@example.org
quoting the above job reference or call +35725342720
for further information.