A global shipping operator and Dry Bulk Operator is looking for a Purchasing Officer to join their team in Malta. You will be responsible for sourcing the best quality equipment, goods and services at the most competitive prices with short delivery times. Ideally you will have experience in a Purchasing role within the marine shipping sector but experience within other sectors may be considered. If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and wish to join a truly great company, then we look forward to receiving your CV for this Malta based Purchasing Officer role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage service and material’s requests issued from the vessel which has been approved by qualified engineer
- Check incoming R.O.M. in Navision and export to Procure Ship platform
- Check the request and send to suppliers for quotation
- Spares: search for genuine, OEM, Copy parts
- Stores: specify the vessel arrival port
- Identify potential suppliers for the specific request
- Compare offers taking into consideration the main conditions
- Complete the order
- Complete orders and track shipment from vendor’s warehouse to destination or through a selected forwarding agent
- Check for final delivery on board, coordinate with local appointed agency
- Experience in a Purchasing position, ideally within the marine shipping sector (other sectors can be considered)
- Ideally familiar using Navision, Procure ship and/or Argo
- Must have excellent Outlook and general IT skills.
- Excellent career prospects
- Great salary
- International and professional company which values their employees.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Laura Constantinou, email@example.com quoting the above job reference or call +356 2778 0664 for further information.